Disadvantages?

Mar 23, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Edited Mar 23, 2009 at 6:11 AM
Hello im interested in using shard lupus,
but im a bit worried, so i have a few questions i hope you can answer for me.
1. Would coding be any different, or could i implement the code from my old project directly into a ArcadeX project?
2. Is it compatable with the Xbox 360?
3. Are there any large problems with the current version?
Coordinator
Mar 30, 2009 at 10:04 PM
Hi tlegion,

1. The ArcadEx factory is composed (so far) by a project template and several project item templates: a .game file, .tt (text transformation) files and a .inputmapping file. Finally, the text transformation files generate code against the FlatRedBall game engine. Therefore, if you want to use ArcadEx in an already existent game project, you need to be sure you add the proper project items (right-click project, add new item) to your project and also adjust your code to consume the FlatRedBall game engine.
2. The underlying project templates for ArcadEx is an FlatRedBall project template. I know FRB projects have an option, through right-clicking the project, to convert PC code to Xbox 360 code. While this was not tested in the context of SharpLudus, I don't foresee any reasons why it would not work.
3. The only problem I see is some Package Load Failure errors that happen after you install SharpLudus and try to open one of its projects for the first time. Deleting the windows.prf file always worked for me as a workaround (see previous thread here in Codeplex about this).

BR,
-- AFurtado